Wednesday, February 18, 2004

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Judah notified me that he's coming to Israel for a visit, and that he'd like to take out me and our mutual friend Beth (also a new immigrant! Go, us!) and her husband for dinner. After consulting with another friend, Chava, who knows restaurants, we chose a beautiful Indian place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel called Kohinoor.

Uch, this place is fabulous. The service is impeccable. They warm your plates for you before bringing the food. The tamari chicken is to die for. The lamb in cashew sauce was divine. Everything from the appetizers to the coconut sorbet for dessert was heavenly.

And, it was very nice to spend time with Judah, Beth, and Simcha. So, thank you, Judah, our rich American friend, for treating your Olim writer friends to a fabulous dinner!

Note: Judah would like me to mention that he is in his early thirties and a "good looking, successful, eligible widower." I would like to add that he's also a really quality person and fun to be with. If any single Orthodox women in the metro New York area want more details, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment