Friday, October 01, 2004

I'm lookin' for a new love

So, the neighbor's cat had three adorable kittens. Last night one of them fell off her porch and was crying the whole night. Kept me up all night. I'm exhausted. But . . . it sounded so pitiful . . . and it looked so cute when she brought it back inside. Poor little thing. It's so cute!

When I was little, I was allergic to fur. Today I went over to my neighbor's porch and held all the cats to see if anything happens to my skin. If not, maybe I'll adopt one of them. It's about time I lived with another live creature -- especially if it's a creature that won't complain if I leave dishes in the sink. I need to think it over. On one hand, I think they are adorable and I'd like to have a little thing to name and to love. On the other hand, how spinsterish is that? Plus, if it runs around outside in the dirty streets and then comes in and jumps on my clean kitchen counters, I'll be grossed out. I guess you can't have it both ways.

So, first of all, I'd love feedback from people who know something about owning a cat. Can I train the cat not to shred my linens or jump on my kitchen counter? How much work is it to have a cat?

And, second, if you live in the Jerusalem area and would like to adopt one of the kittens, send me an email and I'll connect you with my neighbor (she speaks Hebrew and French, and understands English). She wants to give them away in the next few weeks.

PS In the time I took to write this I started to get itchy. But I think it's not necessarily from allergies -- it's because those kittens scratched me up but good. Maybe this isn't the best idea . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment