Wednesday, January 19, 2005

My thoughts as I look out the window and contemplate leaving my apartment, which is shaking from all the thunder around it, to meet MOChassid and his family for dinner . . .

I'm afraid of thunderstorms
up in the sky.
I need someone to hug me
until it passes by.
We're all afraid of something but don't always let it show.
I'm afraid of thunderstorms.
I thought I'd let you know.

eek.


***UPDATE***
I waited for a break in the thunder rolls -- a good 15 minutes went by with no lightning or thunder-- and then made a dash to Emek Refaim Street. It was wet but otherwise OK. Then, during dinner, there was a bit more lightning/thunder, and again a break - just as we were on the way home! Bishvili nivra ha-olam!

MOChassid was very nice, and his two teenage daughters are gorgeous and charming girls. It was so nice to meet him in person. (And, thanks MOChassid, for the delicious salad!)

He brought me two boxes of Entenmann's doughnuts from the US! I can't believe he really shlepped them. So, if you live in my area and want a doughnut, send me an email. I'm willing to share (up to a point). :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment