Sunday, June 13, 2004

UUuuuurrgh! I bought a new VCR and now I can't get it to work! I'm usually good at this stuff but I'm stymied!

I plugged the VCR into the TV (there was only one cord with the VCR, which plugged into one place in the VCR, and the TV only has one place to plug into - the spot for the antenna). I plugged the VCR into the wall. I set the channel on the TV to 39, which according to SHARP is the channel I'm supposed to set it to in the Middle East.

But when it came time to match the VCR's "output" channel to the 39 on the TV, nothing happened. I followed the instructions exactly, and nothing happened. I tried putting in a tape so as I changed things I could see whether it started to work, but nothing worked.

I tried calling the Sharp number in the US, but they are closed on Sundays. So then I went to their online customer support and sent an email inquiry. We'll see how long it takes to get an answer.

Meanwhile, any tips? I'm really frustrated. I just wasted about an hour and half trying to get this to work, to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment