Thursday, March 31, 2005

Ya-efet

Sorry I haven't written anything new since, what, yesterday? I have been keeping such odd hours I hardly know what day it is anymore. I still am not completely over the jetlag and have been falling asleep at 2 or 3 am and waking up at 10 or 11. It's really bad. I'm having a hard time getting work done. I think people with "real" jobs get over the jetlag faster. By the way, I found out the Hebrew word for jetlag. It is yah-efet. From the same root as ayaif, which means "tired," or so I was told. I notice that the "yud" and the "ayin" are reversed . . . but perhaps that is an onomatopeiac way to indicate that a person's hours are all mixed up! At least, that's the mneumonic that I'm using to remember the word.

Also I am obsessed with this Nice Jewish Girl blog. I keep re-reading her posts and the comments, and then think about them for the rest of the day. Also very bad for my work ethic. I can't wait until I get these assignments in so I can relax a little bit. I've decided to wrap up the work I've got and then, when I go to the US, to make a real vacation: no working!

That's it for me. Nothing exciting to report. As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment