Monday, December 05, 2005

A Thought About Ariel Sharon

Yesterday, after school, I headed up to Raanana to do an interview for an assignment I'm working on. (Note to Allison: Sorry, I would have called, but as it was I was running around like a chicken without a head.) I saw a lot of political posters/billboards I don't normally get to see in Jerusalem -- maybe because they are not there, or, more probably, because my travels within Jerusalem are often limited to the area between my house, Emek Refaim Street, and Pardes. In particular I noticed a series of billboards advertising the new Kadimah party. They each had a picture of Ariel Sharon looking skyward, in a very intense and "we're moving!" way, with slogans like "The Nation Wants Kadimah" and "A Strong Leader for Peace."

I thought about that last slogan, and how Ariel Sharon's image has changed over the years. Sneaky fellow, every time you think you know who he is and what he stands for, he morphs into something else! He is one step ahead of the tide, that rascally guy! Can't peg him, nosiree!

And then I realized that Ariel Sharon is just like . . . Madonna.

No comments:

Post a Comment