Thursday, September 07, 2006

Girl Power

Foreign Minister Tzippy Livni was named Forbes' 40th most powerful woman in the world. (Another Israeli, Galia Maor, is #88.)

I have somewhat mixed feelings about Livni. While the recent war was going on against Hezballah, she entered everyone's radar, and it was widely noted that of all Israel's leaders, she seemed to be the only one who wasn't making an utter ass of herself. She handled herself with intelligent, poise, and a sense of stability and trustworthiness.

But then Israel agreed to that cackamaimy cease-fire / premature admittance of defeat, and as the Foreign Minister, she must have had something to do with that. And the simple fact that she's still in bed with Olmert is tarnishing her image.

Still, I'm not quite crossing her off my list of people I could support for Prime Minister when the time comes. I'm still hanging in there, hoping that she proves to have bigger balls than her male colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment