Saturday, January 05, 2008

Cutie!

So, I'm a big fan of the Manolo blog empire: Manolo's Shoe Blog, Manolo for the Brides, Manolo for the Men, Manolo for the Big Girl, Manolo for the Home, Manolo's Food blog, Ayyyy!, and Teeny Manolo.

Through the latter, I was introduced to the You Tube videos of countertenor Nick Pitera, who entered the "Little Mermaid Give Us Your Voice" contest (first prize: chance to perform in the Broadway production of "The Little Mermaid") not by singing one of Prince Eric's songs, but by singing one of Ariel's solos, "Part of Your World":



Now, I have no idea whether this guy is technically a good singer. Is he well-trained? Is he using his head voice or whatever? I don't even know what that means. All I know is that watching this guy sing in a woman's voice is entertaining, and that he sings Ariel a whole lot better than I do. And that he's so cute!

Here he sings the male-female duet "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, with himself. This video has been viewed over a million times:



Doesn't he look like a real-life, friendly, adorable Waldo? Don't you just want to adopt him? Wouldn't he make a fantastic totally-hot-gay-best-friend?

And here is Nick singing the Celine Dion version of the beautiful Christmas carol "O Holy Night":



What a cutie! Unfortunately he lost the Disney competition -- despite the fact that he's also an animation student -- is he a Disney dream child or what? -- but I totally hope this guy gets a record deal. I would definitely buy his album, just so I could stare at the jacket while listening to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment