Monday, November 24, 2014

Moscow (Part XXIV - The Matrushka Doll Museum)

(Click here for Parts I, IIIIIIVVVIVII,VIIIIXXXIXIIXIIIXIVXVXVIXVIIXVIIIXIXXXXXI, XXII, and XXIII)

The next day, Monday, was my LAST DAY in Moscow, and I still had not gone to the Kremlin OR the Matrushka Doll Museum, but meanwhile I was scheduled to be back at The Jewish Agency in the afternoon for some meetings. I needed to make the morning COUNT.

I looked at a map and decided to take a taxi to the Doll Museum first, since it was way out of the way, to the east. Then I would take another taxi westward to the Kremlin, do a brief walk-around there, and then walk to The Jewish Agency.

The hotel called a taxi for me and told the driver to take me to the address that was given in my guide book. Yay! Matrushka Dolls!



The taxi pulled up to a very handsome building, I paid him, and I walked happily to the door.

On it was a sign that said the museum had moved, to a place completely across town.


There was nothing for me to do but laugh. So I laughed and laughed and laughed until I was almost crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment