Monday, July 05, 2004

Last night there was a fundraiser in Jerusalem in which they had a special screening of Spiderman 2 and all proceeds went to help kids with cancer at Hadassah hospital. A whole lot of people from the English-speaking community in Katamon were there, including moi.

This movie is phenomenal. It is amazing. Even if you think you don't want to see it, you should see it.

It is also very, very scary. I was in the front row center (the annoyance of the evening: there were no assigned seats, and everything was taken by little kids, so I couldn't sit with my friends) and I'm sure that all my comrades from Katamon could see me up there with my hands over my eyes half the time. It's very violent but soooooo good. Because, in addition to the violence there's also a lot happening with the characters.

Now, a question for my fans: There was something at the end of the film I did not understand. Something that relates to Spidey 1. If you saw both films please contact me so I can ask you about it. There seems to be a lack of internal consistency, but maybe I'm missing something.

In other news: Tonight is my aliyah anniversary party!

No comments:

Post a Comment