Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Learn the Force, Luke

David over at IsraellyCool has this story about a new Jedi Academy opening in Romania.

I can't figure out how to leave comments for David, but the following must be said:

The foods listed in the article are never seen in the films. They are simply recipes whose titles are puns on various aspects of the movie. You can find recipes for "Wookiee Cookies" and "Twin Sun Toast" etc in a hokey (but fun) cookbook (which I happen to own) called The Star Wars Cookbook: Wookiee Cookies and other Galactic Recipes by Robin Davis. Again, it's all normal foods, like chocolate chip cookies, that have pun-ny names like "Tusken Raider Taters" and "Boba Fett-uccine."

At my last Star Wars party, I served many of these pun-ny foods. But one of my guests, Moshe, brought the fixin's for a real Star Wars food. Check it out: You know how in Episode IV, when Luke sits down for dinner with his aunt and uncle, you see a bluish liquid in his glass? Moshe said that according to mesorah, that beverage is Bantha milk. So Moshe mixed up a concoction of milk, vanilla, sugar, and blue food coloring. I couldn't try it because of my lactose intolerance, but the other guests said it was delicious. Go Moshe! Go Banthas! Go, Star Wars nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment