Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Singles' Soundtrack

So I'm going through my piles of papers that were filed under "to file," and I'm filing them. I found a piece of paper left over from a project I was thinking about doing many years ago: a tape mix (now it would be a CD) called "West Side Scene," with music whose lyrics give an idea of what it's like to be a Jewish single in the New York meat market. I never got farther than simply listings the songs on this piece of paper. Before I throw it away, I will share the list with you. Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments section!

Songs that I'd suggested (as you can see, I have a penchant for 80's music):

Looking for a new love -- Jody Watley
Tell it to my heart -- Taylor Dayne
Cold Hearted-- Paula Abdul
I'm too sexy-- R*S*F
Total Eclipse of the Heart-- Nicki French
Hazy Shade of Winter --the Bangles version
Hungry Like the Wolf-- Duran Duran
Do you really want to hurt me--Culture Club
Girls just want to have fun--Cyndi Lauper
Smooth Operator-- Sade
Material Girl-- Madonna
Sleeping Single-- Roxette
Pretender-- Madonna
Prima Donna-- Chicago
What about love-- Heart
Only in my dreams--Debbie Gibson
Like a Virgin-- Madonna
You're the Inspiration-- Chicago (that would be the last song, to end on a positive note)

Songs suggested by others (I don't know all these songs so can't vouch for their relevancy):

White wedding-- Billy Idol
Here I go again on my own-- White Snake
In and out of love-- Bon Jovi
I need a love and it won't drive me crazy-- J.C. Mellencamp
Uptown Girl-- Billy Joel
I want to know what love it--Foreigner
Flashdance (What a feelin')-- ?
Maneater--?
You give love a bad name-- Bon Jovi

No comments:

Post a Comment