Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Roommates

I'm so excited! After three years of dreaming about it, I went tonight with Yael to a beautiful plant nursery in Abu Gosh, and she helped me pick out window boxes and plants to go into them (and the necessary supplies)! I don't know ANYTHING about gardening, so Yael's expertise was badly needed. Without her, I would have gotten overwhelmed by all my choices, and would have been afraid to touch a flower for fear I'd kill it, the way some people are afraid of touching a computer. Yael is in charge of the garden of her building, and she's even taken a course in gardening, so when she talks about plants, I listen.

Anyway, we came home and made a big mess transferring dirt, fertilizer, and young plants into long window boxes and setting them in place.

Facing the street I have geraniums in various shades of pink, purple, and white, plus one other (taller) plant with little purple flowers.

On the windowsill on the other side of my apartment I now have an herb garden! We're talking fresh rosemary, mint, dill, tarragon, oregano, parsley, and basil! Smells AMAZING.

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment