Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Not as bad as I thought

You've heard me complain about "dirty old men" 20 years my senior who write to me on the internet dating sites. We've discussed this before. The whole "what does age matter/ don't be superficial thing" vs "if paying attention to age is superficial, would you date a WOMAN 20 years your senior? I'll take your silence as a 'no' thing."

Anyway, I did a very non-scientific study last night, which showed -- I humbly admit -- that the problem is not as widespread as I thought. At least, according to this oh-so-not-scientific study.

On Dosidate, you can see who has viewed your profile. So I checked the last 60 men who have looked at my page -- men who, presumably, were doing a search for women in an age range that included the age of 33, my age. Not all of these men have written to me, of course. Of these 60 men who saw my profile, I've had written correspondence with five, and dates with three. But this list of 60 shows what age range of men considers a 33-year-old woman to be a "possibility," and therefore include that age in their search criteria.

I'm happy to report that out of 60 men, a full 47 who saw my profile are between the ages of 32-46.

Now, 46 may be a bit on the "old" side from my perspective, but I wouldn't necessarily consider a 46-year-old man who is searching for a woman in her thirties to be a dirty old man. Of course, it all depends on what age range he told the computer to search for. If I've been coming up on men's searches because they seek a woman aged 31-41, then I understand. It brings up images of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. And that is the first and last time I'm ever comparing myself to Angelina.

But if they are searching for someone aged 23-33, something is wrong, and that is just gross.

But let's assume for now that these 47 men were searching for an age range in which I fell in the middle or lower end. That's not bad! That's really normal!

So, I stand corrected. It seems that there are -- or at least, might be -- a lot of men out there who are pretty realistic in the age range they'll accept.

FYI, there were five men who saw my profile between the ages of 26-30 (could be cool), and four between the ages of 48-50 (um, whatever. Not my style, but there are women who wouldn't mind.).

But what is up with the 23-year-old man who was looking for 33-year-old women? Dudi, whereever you are, you either have some very interesting sexual fantasies, or you just need a wake-up call. I've had three careers and lived in three cities since college. You've been allowed to drink beer for only a few years. I could have been your babysitter twice over. Ew.

And to the two men who are 55, and the man who is 60 (who has written to me asking for a date!) . . . ewwwww . . . . Sugar Daddies . . . ewwwww . . . .

What does this post really tell you?

Just that I have waaaaaay too much time on my hands.

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like an alternative to casually approaching girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you'd prefer to have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to play this short video to learn a strong little secret that might get you your personal harem of beautiful women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete