Wednesday, July 26, 2006

How's THIS for a surprise?

Hezballah: poke-poke-poke

Israel: Cut it out!

Hezballah: poke-poke-poke

Israel: I'm serious, cut it out!

Hezballah: poke-poke-poke

[Israel slaps Hezballah]

Hezballah to Lebanon: Mom! He hit me!

Lebanon: Stop whining. I have other things to deal with.

Hezballah: poke-poke-poke

[Israel slaps Hezballah again]

Hezballah: You wanna piece of me? Come and get it.

America: Stop that fighting back there! Hezballah, try to stop poking, OK? You're bothering your mum. And you, Israel, keep your hands to yourself.

Israel: Yes, dad.

Hezballah: poke-poke-poke

[Israel slaps Hezballah again]

Hezballah: Mom! He hit me again!

Lebanon [distracted]: mm hmm

Hezballah: poke-poke-poke

[Israel punches Hezballah in the face, drawing blood]

Hezballah, touching his nose and then staring at the blood: Oh Sh*t! What did you do that for?







***UPDATE****

A note about this post:

Thanks to all the bloggers who have linked here, and to the commenters.

I very much appreciate that so many people find the post funny. I, too, laughed grimly when I read the Yahoo article that my post “interprets.”

However, I do recognize that the “mom” in this post is getting badly hurt, too. And I recognize that, while many, if not most, of the parties/countries/entities in the Middle East have the personalities of disturbed children, they are children with very powerful and deadly weapons, and ultimately this is not a laughing matter.

As an Israeli, I pray for the innocent Israelis AND Lebanese who are being injured, killed, or just stressed out by the situation we have now, and I very much hope that somehow, someday, this will all lead to a Lebanon that is powerful enough, strong enough, and neighborly enough to deal SWIFTLY AND FIRMLY with the “child who pokes,” and an Israel that knows how to WISELY stop the poking (though, it’s difficult for me to see what choice we had at this point, given that nothing else has worked, and that Hezballah bunkers out in the middle of civilian residential neighborhoods. Damn, damn, damn Hezballah for attacking us! And damn them again for forcing us to kill innocent people! As Golda Meir wisely said, “We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children, but we cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill theirs.”)

Damn.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment