Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Whoa

Via Renegade Rebbetzin, there is an extraordinary new blog called Nice Jewish Girl, by a 34-year-old woman in the US who has always been shomer negiah (that is, she does not touch men who are outside her family). I read the entire blog and all the comments today and am dumbfounded, partially because the amount of material there that I relate to is a bit frightening (and that is all I'm going to say about that). Before you go over there, be forewarned that the blog is excruciatingly personal, to the point of being a little more sexually explicit than most blogs by frum people. But it's certainly thought-provoking and an important counterpoint to the recent discussions (see Bloghead, for example) about premarital sex among otherwise Orthodox Jews. I have no further comments right now because I'm still trying to process (and because I have three articles to write today and it's almost 5 pm and I haven't started! Ach!)

No comments:

Post a Comment