Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Still not mine

Regarding my purchase of an apartment, the contract still is not finished.

In the last two days, I've dealt with:

  • A seller's lawyer who does not respond to faxes, emails, or phone messages from my lawyer
  • A seller who decides in the 11th hour to look more closely at the contract that her lawyer has hammered out over the course of weeks, and request major changes
  • A real estate agent with whom I never signed a contract demanding money from me, when for the last 2 months he's been lying and yelling to everyone involved and creating a huge mess and making everyone tired. He has called so many times in the last couple of days to yell at me (he also has yelled in the past at my lawyer, my appraiser, my mortgage broker, and the seller -- his own client), that it crossed my mind to find out whether Israel has such a thing as restraining orders.
  • My own feelings of exhaustion and "being sick of all this" and hardly caring any more about the apartment itself, just finishing these stupid contract negotiations.

At the moment, and with God's help -- because I need it -- we're scheduled to do the signing tomorrow.

On a brighter note, my friend Rivka K. is in Israel on business, and we had dinner last night. She is so amazing. I wish I could see her more than once or twice a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment