Friday, April 11, 2008

Grrrrr . . .

So, I went in to teach today, and then I went for breakfast at the little plaza next to the Mister Zol supermarket on Shai Agnon Street. One of my students came by, so we sat together and drank our respective drinks (my coffee, her "ice vaneel"), and shmoozed about Macbeth and The Great Gatsby and about her high school.

When she left, my backpack was gone. I knew she hadn't taken it. It had been next to me, on my side of the table. Someone extremely talented must have swiped it while we were engaged in conversation.

Grrrrr . . .

So now I'm spending my afternoon cancelling credit cards, cancelling unused checks, having the locks changed on both my old apartment and my new one, and trying to make a list of everything else that was taken so I can deal with them on Sunday - everything is closed now for Shabbat.

Driver's licenses from two countries. Israeli ID card and passport. My cell phone. My new lease and another important document which will be a pain to replace. Some of my students' journals. My grade register.

Receipts that I needed to send to a client so I could be reimbursed for expenses. That's about $200 right there.

And there is the backpack itself, which I loved.

If there is time before Shabbat, I'll go file a police report.

All I can say is: THANK GOD my computer wasn't in my bag. !!!!!

Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment