Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Beth and Eric

. . . are the instructors for the UYO-Jerusalem course this week. They arrived on Saturday and are seriously two of the nicest people I've ever met. It's amazing how two people can each have such different personalities and yet both be so quietly and deeply confident and giving. Beth is more effervescent and bubbly, and Eric is more serenely at ease with himself, in a sort of "still waters run very deep" way. I am learning so much from both of them! It's quite a privilege, to have two UYO instructors all to myself for these few days!

Yesterday the three of us went on a private guided tour of the Mount of Olives and the Old City, an experience I must blog about some other time. But I'll give you the end of the story. Word to the wise: if you ever really, really need a bathroom, do not ever use the one at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. It is not worth it. Trust me.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm taking Eric and Beth to the Mahane Yehudah market for some shopping and a late lunch. Any suggestions for good, ethnic restaurants? I heard there is a nice Ethiopian place in the area but have no clue where it is. Also Eric likes Indian food. Any tips? Or suggestions for cute little coffee shops, or whatever?

Also I need to pick up two pizzas there, to bring to a meeting. Any tips for a place that makes good pizza in Mahane Yehudah?

No comments:

Post a Comment