Saturday, November 06, 2004

On Thursday night I stayed up until 5:30 in the morning, because I couldn't go to sleep without finishing "The Time Traveler's Wife," which loyal reader Miriam L had sent me. That book is . . . wow!

Wow!

It's a love story! It's science fiction! It's Spiderman and Sleepless in Seattle and Being John Malkovich all rolled into one!

I loved it! I couldn't put it down! I was so tired on Friday, but it was worth it!

After I finished it, I went back and re-read all the parts where the author had set up little mysteries . . . she ties up all the loose ends in such surprising and satisfying ways.

Wow!

So, thanks Miriam for sending it to me (and let me know what I should do with it now . . . ), and also, thanks to Beth (www.houseofjoy.blogspot.com) for recommending it to me several months ago, so that when Miriam brought it up I knew to say "Yes! I want a copy!"

Here's a link to the Amazon page about the book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/015602943X/qid=1099783868/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3085403-9956116?v=glance&s=books

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment