Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Another Thing My Shaliach Never Told Me

It is chilly and raining in Jerusalem for the second day in a row, but I am not allowed to complain about it because I live in a desert and rain is good for the people, blah blah blah. So I'm sitting at home, gathering the courage to go out to the post office and the bank, knowing that whereever I go there will be fattening jelly doughnuts calling to me everywhere, when I read Rinat's post about this restaurant. I must to try it. I haven't heard about quirky ambience like this since I left Manhattan. A fun, only-in-Jerusalem experience! My mood is lifted! Hot, healthy food and a chance to leave my photo for posterity!

I heard a few months ago that soup is the new coffee. Has that happened yet in New York? Has it happened here and I missed it?

***UPDATE***
Commenter Safranit says that Marakiah does not have a Kashrut certificate. Can anyone verify either way? (Thanks, Safranit, for the tip)

No comments:

Post a Comment