Monday, June 06, 2005

B-b-b-boring

I feel I owe my readers an apology. I realize that lately my blog posts have been sort of skimpy. Well, the PMS post (2 down) brings up some interesting issues, but I know that most of you don't come here for things like the Ugly Cake story.

I won't get into the reasons that my blogging has been sort of "blah" the last couple of months. Suffice to say that I have other things going on right now, most of which are too boring to write about and some of which are too hard to write about, and when my life is "blah," my blog gets "blah." In the last two months my readership has decreased by half, and I don't blame people for walking away. (I'm also not taking it personally. I'm not in the blogging "business" for the attention. It started as a way to help family and friends in the US keep tabs on my life, and it will remain so. The fact that so many others seem to enjoy reading my blog is just icing on the cake, a pleasant and very gratifying surprise.)

So, first of all, thanks so much to the other half of you, the ones who keep coming back for more Chayyei Sarah. I really appreciate your devotion to my site! Thank you so much.

And second, one thing that I am proud of is that I'm not one of those people who quit blogging when it got tough. I think blogging -- at least, my blogging-- may just go in waves, and that eventually (hopefully soon), I'll get back into the "groove" and start doing, and therefore writing about, more exciting things. Maybe, lihavdil, it's like prayer: We're supposed to do it every day, even when we're not inspired, so that when we are inspired we'll have a framework for that inspiration. Good writers always try to write every day, to write something, whether it ends up published or not. So, to those of you who are hanging in there: I hope to reward you soon with more inspiring reading fare. Meanwhile, keep checking in as often as you can. You never know when I might surprise you with something juicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment