Friday, May 26, 2006

Thank God My Landlord Installed Window Screens

Most people in this country do not have screens in their windows. You've got the glass, and you have shutters called "trissim," which have the advantage of blocking out every bit of light, if you want them to. But they are no good for letting in light and keeping out bugs. Screens are a luxury you have to install yourself if you want them. So, I'm one of the lucky ones.

I was just on the phone with a potential client, and couldn't stop myself . . . from exclaiming . . . "Oh my God! There is a LIZARD on my window screen!!!"

Now that is something that I never experienced in New York.

Thank goodness it had no way to get into the apartment. I would have freaked.

PS Two seconds after writing this, I realized my kitchen window was open . . . no screen there . . . so I went to close it against any possible loitering lizards, and . . . two bees had gotten in! Aargh! I jumped around the kitchen, cursing a little, and finally opened the window wider so they could find their way out. Gaaaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment