Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Wedding . . .

in Haifa was beautiful. Jenn was such a gorgeous bride! And, in case you were wondering, Kibbutz Hachotrim has a beautiful, but beautiful, wedding hall. Lit-up swimming pool, gardens, the works. Wow. And it's kosher. Yay! I could eat the food! And it was good, let me tell you.

As soon as Jenn saw me, I got a hug, and she said "Sarah, I didn't want to pressure you to come, but I'm glad you did, because I feel you were meant to be here for some reason. It is too weird that you contacted me just days ago. God wanted you here! I don't know why, but he did!"

I, too, felt very strongly for most of the wedding that I had some sort of role . . . that I didn't know what it was, but for some reason God had meant for Chayyei Sarah to be at the wedding of Jennifer Paul, and arranged for it to be so . . .

Can't be sure, but it might have something to do with the fact that none of Jenn's other friends were able to make it from the US. So I was the only friend there on the bride's side. (She did have family members with her, don't worry.)

Or it could have something to do with my being the only Orthodox person at the wedding. I did a lot of linguistic and cultural translations for some of the family members, so they would know what was going on at the ceremony.

Or maybe it was something else, and we'll never know.

In any case, I'm very glad I attended. I still can't really believe I was there, but I'm happy I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment