Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Our Paths Meet

I think I may have crossed paths with Hillary Clinton yesterday. I was taking my ride to one of my teaching jobs, and, coming from Azza Street, we stopped at a main intersection. There were policepeople keeping traffic held up, and Hazzaz Avenue was empty.

"Someone important is coming," the driver said.

Sure enough, after about a minute -- which is a long time for traffic to be held -- a long motorcade come down from Hazzaz, turned around us and went up Azza street.

"The prime minister?" mused one of the other teachers.

"Nah, it's someone foreign," the driver said. I don't know how they can tell these things, or whether he was right. I did notice a couple of vans in the motorcade, full of people. Journalists?

Anyhow, that was my excitement for the day. Move along, move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment