Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Going to the Kotel

I'm planning to go to the Kotel (Western Wall) sometime this week, since it is

a) the Nine Days of mourning and

b) a very worrisome time in the history of the State of Israel.

Not that I need an excuse to go to the Kotel, but you know what I'm saying.

I'm going to pray for the physical and inner peace of the residents of Gaza (and to those of you who would accuse me of being hypocritical in this . . . excuse me, but I'm still a human being, with a heart, no matter how much my political opinions might differ from yours!), and of all the soldiers and policepeople who are embarking on a very traumatic mission. I'll pray that whatever happens, it happens peacefully, and that the people involved emerge from it as psychologically whole as possible, and that we will find ways to stay united as a country.

I'll pray that whatever happens next week is in the best long-term interest of Israel, even if we do not immediately understand how that could be.

I'll also be making personal prayers for myself and others; if you have anything specific you'd like me to pray for on your behalf at the Wall, feel free to send me a private email at chayyeisarah at yahoo dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment