Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Another year of Chayyei Sarah . . .

. . . has come and gone, like sands through the hourglass. Another year of dating. Another year of blogging. Another year of figuring out this whole living-in-Israel thing. And what a year it has been!

Yes, my birthday is coming up (the Hebrew date is 9 Elul, which this year is September 13), and I'm inviting all of you to join me in celebrating by buying me gifts. Yes, indeedy. There is nothing like waking up on one's birthday to the site of presents sent in by one's friends and loyal readers. And for the whole of the next year, whenever I put off doing something more important in order to write a blog post, I will think of all of you and know that the sacrifice is worth it, because hundreds of potential birthday-present-givers will be reading my words. Believe me, the pleasure will be all mine.

To aid your participation in my birthday project, I am hereby posting the long-promised Birthday Wish List. I have spent a lot of time putting this list together, but it's all worth it if even one person is inspired by my work. It's the little things that give meaning to life. And let us say Amen.

Chayyei Sarah's 33rd Annual Birthday . . . . Wish List

  • This book
  • A blender with ice-crushing capabilities (220 v) (ie to make smoothies)
  • A hand-blender (for cream-erizing soups)
  • A food processor (I spend about an hour every Friday just chopping vegetables . . . ) (220 v) --UPDATE-- Yael bought me a Tupperware Quick Chef! Thanks,Yael!
  • This CD (guilty pleasure)
  • Billie Holiday: This CD to replace the one that has mysteriously disappeared from my collection, or this one if you are very generous.
  • These earrings, to match a necklace I already own (it was a "shadchanus" gift from a couple who met at my Shabbat table! So cool!) (Family, close girlfriends, or potential boyfriends only)
  • Earrings that look something like this or this or this, to match . . . well, anything! (see above re: family, etc)
  • Remember those Return of the Jedi cards from the 1980's? Remember how every pack of cards also came with a sticker? Well, I have the entire set of cards (yay! Thanks to my sister!), but I am missing some stickers. If you can find them on ebay, I would love stickers # 2, 6, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 22, 25, 28, 29, 31, 33, and 51
  • A really good radio, preferably with cassette player (something I can plug in, 220v)--UPDATE-- Asher gave me his old AM/FM radio/Cassette player! Thanks, Asher!
  • If you are God, please send me a nice guy. I really want those earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment